October Blogging Challenge Day 7: Seven Lessons Learned So Far this Year
1. College and internships can only do so much to prepare you for the real world. For the longest time I thought just going through the motions of college would land me a career. False. Obvi. This is different.
2. Never burn a bridge. Whether it’s in your career or personal life, maintain relationships and help people out. They will, in turn, help you! It really is all about who you know.
3. Be persistent and believe in yourself. It sounds cheesy but it helps/helped me when it comes to the job hunt grind.
4. Try not to make snap judgments. In starting a new job, I’ve met a ton of new people. I, of course as it is human nature, immediately judged and categorized each person in my brain. However, after taking the time to get to know these people, I’ve often found my judgments to be wrong or skewed. I am trying to be a bit more open minded.
5. When something in your life is not going as you would like it, don’t let it consume you. Hold on to the good things and let them help lift you up. This is currently a work in progress for me. I’m dramatic.
6. It’s a lot of work to hang out with/keep in touch with friends once you are not all living on the same set of blocks. I suppose that’s more of a post-grad problems type of thing rather than a lesson. Oh well.
7. You cannot have everything figured out or predict the future. I don’t know why this is hard for me but for some reason, I always need to know what is going to happen. If only I was psychic. But I’m not. So hopefully I’ll calm down someday.
P.S. This is my favorite song at the moment. Why are music videos always so weird?